Understanding Birth (Baptist)
with Charlottee Houck
NOTE: Only register one person. You may bring1-2 support persons.
- Understanding Birth is a class covering the following information:
- Pregnancy: anatomy, preeclampsia & warning signs, preterm labor, hazards, emotions, and more.
- Labor: Pain theories, 5 P's of labor, signs labor is near, onset of labor, stages of labor, and the importance of skin-to-skin contact.
- Birth Stories: Stories show how the stages of labor unfold in real life, inducing examples of natural coping techniques, partner support, medicated pain relief, and cesareans (varies by format).
- Comfort Techniques: Birth preferences, labor support, breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor & pushing positions, back labor, and partner advice.
- Medical Procedures: Decision-making, induction, fetal monitoring, IVs, analgesics, epidural anesthesia, labor and pushing positions with epidural, augmentation, and second-stage interventions.
- Cesarean Birth: Reasons for a cesarean, types of cesareans, risks, anesthesia, 3D animation of surgery, recovery, reducing the risk for cesarean birth
Each woman will receive a corresponding guidebook that contains a free downloadable app complete with all the videos from the class as well as other helpful features.
If you have questions, please reach out to Charlotte Houck, Charlottee.Houck@integrisok.com 405-949-3974
Oct 21st, 2023
Sat from 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
INTEGRIS Health Baptist Medical Center
3300 Northwest Expy
Oklahoma City, OK 73112 Get directions
Room: Conference Room C & D