Understanding Birth (Edmond)
with Tera Oss
This is a two night class.
The "Understanding Birth" class will meet from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the 4th floor Women's Center at INTEGRIS Health Edmond in the Education Room which is located outside the secured unit next to the waiting room. Instructors are skilled and passionate labor and delivery nurses who are employed by INTEGRIS Health Edmond Women's Center.
NOTE: Only register one person. You may bring 1-2 support persons.
Understanding Birth is a class covering the following information:
- Pregnancy: anatomy, preeclampsia & warning signs, preterm labor, hazards, emotions, and more.
- Labor: Pain theories, 5 P's of labor, signs labor is near, onset of labor, stages of labor, and the importance of skin-to-skin contact.
- Birth Stories: Stories show how the stages of labor unfold in real life, inducing examples of natural coping techniques, partner support, medicated pain relief, and cesareans (varies by format).
- Comfort Techniques: Birth preferences, labor support, breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor & pushing positions, back labor, and partner advice.
- Medical Procedures: Decision-making, induction, fetal monitoring, IVs, analgesics, epidural anesthesia, labor and pushing positions with epidural, augmentation, and second-stage interventions.
- Cesarean Birth: Reasons for a cesarean, types of cesareans, risks, anesthesia, 3D animation of surgery, recovery, reducing the risk for cesarean birth
Each woman will receive a corresponding guidebook that contains a free downloadable app complete with all the videos from the class as well as other helpful features.
An optional tour of the unit will be given following the second class from approx 9:00-9:30. If you are not deliverying at Edmond, you may leave when class is over.
Please note that this is a two night class on Thursday, January 4 and 11. For any further questions about your class please contact Angela Kersh at 405-313-1832.
Jan 4th, 2024
Thu from 6:00 - 9:00 pm
INTEGRIS Health Edmond
4801 INTEGRIS Parkway
Edmond, OK 73034 Get directions
Room: Women's Center (4th Floor)