Filter by Subcategory
Understanding Birth (Baptist)
with Charlottee Houck
NOTE: Only register one person. You may bring1-2 support persons.
- Understanding Birth is a class covering the following information:
- Pregnancy: anatomy, preeclampsia & warning signs, preterm labor, hazards, emotions, and more.
- Labor: Pain theories, 5 P's of labor, signs labor is near, onset of labor, stages of labor, and the importance of skin-to-skin contact.
- Birth Stories: Stories show how the stages of labor unfold in real life, inducing examples of natural coping techniques, partner support, medicated pain relief, and cesareans (varies by format).
- Comfort Techniques: Birth preferences, labor support, breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor & pushing positions, back labor, and partner advice.
- Medical Procedures: Decision-making, induction, fetal monitoring, IVs, analgesics, epidural anesthesia, labor and pushing positions with epidural, augmentation, and second-stage interventions.
- Cesarean Birth: Reasons for a cesarean, types of cesareans, risks, anesthesia, 3D animation of surgery, recovery, reducing the risk for cesarean birth
Each woman will receive a corresponding guidebook that contains a free downloadable app complete with all the videos from the class as well as other helpful features.
with Tiffany Reinschmiedt
Understanding Birth will educate and prepare participants for the following information:
- Understanding Pregnancy: 3rd trimester discomforts & overview, anatomy, emotions, preeclampsia, preterm labor, and more.
- Understanding Labor: The 5 P’s of labor, signs labor is near, onset of labor, stages of labor.
- Understanding Brandy’s Birth: A real life scenario to show how the stages of labor unfold.
- Understanding Comfort Techniques: Birth preferences, labor support, breathing, hydrotherapy, massage, labor & pushing positions, back labor, relaxation & visualization techniques.
- Understanding Medical Procedures: Decision-making, the difference between induction and augmentation, fetal monitoring, IVs, analgesics, epidural anesthesia, local anesthesia, spinal blocks and second-stage interventions.
- Understanding Cesarean Birth: Scheduled, unplanned & emergency cesareans, reasons for having a cesarean, common preparation for surgery, risks, anesthesia, recovery, and reducing the risk for a cesarean birth.
- Understanding Newborns: Newborn procedures, appearance, senses, SIDS, and choosing your Baby’s Healthcare Provider.
- Understanding Postpartum: Physical changes, emotions, lifestyle changes, and breastfeeding basics.
Each woman will receive a reference book that includes a free companion web app with more than 50 videos, tools, and printable checklists.
Tours of the unit will be given following the class.
For any further questions about your class please contact Tiffany Reinschmiedt at 580-548-1347
Labor & Delivery Tour (Lakeside)
with Laurie Shofner
Complimentary tours are available for current patients or those considering our facility for delivery.
Please register in advance for the tour.
Tours are available on Mondays at noon, with the exception of holidays.
Please meet in the Lakeside front entrance waiting area for tours to begin. Tours typically last 30 to 45 minutes and may occasionally be canceled if the facility is full.
Understanding Birth Hybrid (Lakeside)
with Laurie Shofner
Join us for an evening of “Understanding Birth” at Lakeside Women’s Hospital. Our Hybrid class offers access to the industry gold-standard InJoy curriculum in the comfort of your own home at your own pace. After your self-guided learning, join us for a Q and A session and hospital tour so you can be the most prepared to welcome your baby at Lakeside. This portion of the Hybrid class will be 5:30-7:00 pm in the conference room on the first floor of Lakeside Women’s Hospital. These classes are intended for and most relevant to those planning on giving birth at Lakeside Women’s Hospital.
**Registrants must seperately register and pay at the link below for the online childbirth class materials.**
Understanding Birth (Canadian Valley)
with JeannaLynn May
The "Understanding Birth" class will meet from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Conference Room A and B at INTEGRIS Health Canadian Valley Hospital.
This course includes eight weeks of classes plus one bonus physical therapy class and a mock delivery in a LDRP room.
NOTE: Only register one person. You may bring 1 support person.
Understanding Birth is a class covering the following information:
• A healthy pregnancy (Support, Nourishment)
• Women’s Center tour
• Team birth
• Postpartum care
• Labor positions
• Pain management
For any further questions about your class please contact JeannaLynn May at Jeanna.May@integrisok.com or 405-717-7860.
Please note that this is an eight night class starting on Tuesday, March 28 ending on Tuesday, May 16.
Successful Breastfeeding (Baptist)
with Charlottee Houck
Expectant moms in their 30th week of pregnancy or later are invited to register. Instructors include INTEGRIS Health board-certified lactation consultants or mother/ baby RNs with extensive breastfeeding training.
Class topics include:
- Benefits of breastfeeding, how breastfeeding works, breastmilk and milk supply
- Skills for breastfeeding: reading your baby’s hunger cues, positions for breastfeeding, the importance of latch and knowing your baby is getting enough
- What to expect: common concerns and healthy lifestyle
- Working and breastfeeding: information on breast pumps and supplies
If you have questions, please reach out to Charlotte Houck, Charlottee.Houck@integrisok.com 405-949-3974
with Angela Kersh
Breastfeeding is natural but it is a learned skill. Moms and partners will learn how milk is made, breastfeeding positions, what a good latch looks like, infant hunger feeding cues, how to know your baby is getting enough, and when to call for help. Returning to work and breastfeeding, breastfeeding in public and other topics will also be covered in this must have class! Class meets one evening from 6-9pm
Please only register mom, partners can come for free.
Class meets on the 4th floor of Integris Edmond in the Women's Center Education room. Ice and water availble, bring any desired snack.
Labor & Delivery Tour (Edmond)
with Angela Kersh
Tours are available free of charge for current or prospective patients. Please register for the tour, unlimited spaces are available.
Tours are offered at 3:15 p.m. following the Saturday Understanding Birth class. You do not need to participate in the class to take the tour but you do need to register.
Tours meet on the 4th floor Women's Center in the waiting room.
Tours typically last 30-45 minutes and may occasionally be canceled if the unit is full.
No children, adults only, please.